Here I have published a summarized version of my resume/curriculum vitae. / Aquí podrás encontrar una version resumida de mi curriculum vitae.
If you are interested in a more complete version, you can / Si estás interesad@ en una versión más completa, puedes:
- Download the pdf version, or / Bajar la versión pdf, o
- Go to my LinkedIn profile / Visitar mi perfíl en LinkedIn
- April 2011 – present: Monbusho sponsored PhD student of the Graduate School of Art at Kyoto Seika University in Kyoto, Japan. Research and specialization in Art & Media.
- 2009 -2011: Monbusho sponsored Master of Fine Arts [M.F.A] in Story Manga ( ストーリ漫画) at the Graduate School of Art at Kyoto Seika University – Kyoto, Japan. Class of 2011.
- 2007 – 2009: Monbusho sponsored Research Student at Kyoto Seika University in Kyoto, Japan. Research and specialization in Story Manga ( ストーリ漫画).
- Previous Training: Bachelor of Fine Art [B.F.A] in Illustration at Ringling School of Art and Design – Sarasota, Florida, United States. Class of 2003.
- November 2012: “Manga Studies: A symposium celebrating 10 years of the JSC Manga Library at Monash” Conference at the Japanese Studies Centre of Monash University – Melbourne, Australia. Participation: Presenter.
- June 2012: “Manga Worlds” : Subculture, Japan, Japanology Symposium organized by the Japan Subculture Studies Project Office, the Project of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, the Kyoto Seika University Manga International Research Center and the Graduate School of Humanities, Kobe University – Kobe & Kyoto, Japan.
- May 2012: “Frame by Frame and Across the Gutters: Theorizing Asian American Graphic Novels” Conference at the School of Modern Languages and Cultures of the University of Hong Kong– Hong Kong. Participation: Presenter.
- September 2011: The Third International Scholarly Conference: “Manga in Society – Beyond Economism” Symposium at Bucheon University / Korean Manwha Museum – Bucheon, Korea.
- February 2011: “Women’s Manga Beyond Japan: Contemporary Comics as Cultural Crossroads in Asia” Symposium at the Falculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore – Singapore. Parcipitation: Workshop Panel Leader.
- September 2010: “Intercultural Crossovers, Transcultural Flows: Manga/Comics” Symposium at Cultural Institute of Japan in the University of Cologne – Cologne, Germany.
- December 2009: Kyoto Seika University International Manga Research Center’s First International Conference “Comics Worlds and the World of Comics: Scholarship on a Global Scale” – Kyoto, Japan.
- June 2009: Nihon Manga Gakkai (in Japanese) 10th meeting Conference – Tokyo, Japan.
- 2006 (summer): Web Design and Development Specialization at Centro de Diseño Digital – Caracas, Venezuela.
- 2004-2006: Japanese Language Study at Asociación Japonesa de Caracas (of the Embassy of Japan in Venezuela) – Caracas, Venezuela.
- 2010 (October): 19th SOSABEOL International Art Expo Flame show 2010 – Pyeongtaek, South Korea.
- 2010 (January): Graduate School of Art, 1st Year Master’s Students annual show – Kyoto Seika University. Kyoto, Japan.
- 2003 (Spring): “1st Rising Stars of Manga” Contest – TokyoPop. Los Angeles, California.
- 2002 (Fall): “InformNation” AntiWar Exhibition, Group Show – Ringling School of Art and Design. Sarasota, Florida.
- 2006: Laboratorios Fisa, C.A(Consumer Goods) – Caracas, Venezuela.
- – Outsourcing in storyboards, character and product design.
- 2005-2007: Nolck Comunicaciones– Caracas, Venezuela.
- Outsourcing Illustrator in storyboards and character designs.
- 2005: Nativos Editores– Caracas, Venezuela.
- Graphic Designer.
- OS: Mac OSX Version 10.7.3
- Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Illustrator CS3, Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Corel Painter 9.0, Manga Studio Debut 4, Adobe Flash CS3, FireFTP, Quicktime Pro.
- Media: Acrylics, Pen, Ink, Pencils, Charcoal, Markers, Watercolors…just about anything.
- Languages: Spanish (native), English (fluent), Japanese (N3 JLPT level).